If you’re looking for the best diet to lose weight quickly, then you’ve come to the right spot.
There a couple of options when it comes to losing weight quickly, in terms of diets that you can follow:
- The Potato Diet
- The 2 Protein Shakes and Chicken Salad Diet
- The Soup Diet (my favorite on this list)
These are all, “quick” fixes and nothing that I recommend you follow LONG term.
Again, these are temporary fixes!
Don’t come back and get upset at me when you regain the weight back after a couple of months.
If you want a sustainable diet, you want to consider trying IIFYM/Flexible Dieting.
Anyhoo, these diets are from VisualImpactFitness, by Rusty Moore.
If you like the video, please make sure to subscribe! If you have any questions, leave a comment here or on YouTube and I’ll respond to you!
He has great courses on getting stronger without getting bigger! This is an important consideration for a lot of women out there.
Also, if you love carbs, consider checking out his High Carb Fat Loss Program here.
Let’s get on with the 3 diets.
The Potato Diet
It’s just as it sounds.
You eat nothing but potatoes, all day, everyday.
Here’s how Rusty outlines the diet:
- Plan on eating just potatoes for 3-5 days.
- Eat 2-5 pounds of potatoes each day.
- No other foods allowed (this includes butter, sour cream, cheese, and bacon bits).
- Salt is allowed, but not encouraged.
- Drink when thirsty: coffee, tea, and water only.
- Heavy exercise is discouraged; light exercise and walking are encouraged.
- Take your normal medications, but dietary supplements will not be needed.
And that’s it.
Not much more complicated than that.
I’ve tried it before and lost 5 lbs in 2 days.
It works, but again, it’s a temporary solution.
“Boring” Chicken Salad and Protein Shake Diet
This one is simple too, as the name suggests.
Rusty calls it Boring.
But, it works.
Here’s how it works:
- 2 Protein shakes during the day (spread out)
- 1 salad for dinner
- If you don’t want shakes, substitute it for yogurt and few pieces of fruit
The recipe for the salad is as follows:
- 1 broiled boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 bag of salad
- 1 Tbsp naughty dressing (I like ranch)
- Rice vinegar
And that’s it.
I haven’t tried this diet but I know it works because it puts you in a severe calorie deficit, as does the other diets in this article.
The Soup Diet (My Favorite)
This is my favorite extreme diet out of the three.
I just LOVE soup.
Rusty recommends making enough soup to last 4 days (Mon-Thurs).
Here’s the soup recipe:
- 5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 containers of chicken broth (32 oz each)
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 2 cans chopped tomatoes
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 can cut green beans
- 1 full stock of celery chopped
- 1/2 cabbage chopped
- 1 full onion chopped
Cooking instructions: Broil the chicken breasts in the oven until fully cooked. Chop up the chicken and combine with the rest of the ingredients in a large stockpot. Cook on Medium until bubbling, then reduce to low for 15-20 minutes.
According to Rusty, this is just about 1000 calories per day (when spread evenly throughout 4 days).
He also recommends little snacks throughout the day like low-calorie yogurt.
With the snacks, this should be around 1200 calories per day.
AGAIN, for the last time, I want to emphasize that these are only TEMPORARY fixes and not something you can follow forever.
If you’re looking for a sustainable way to lose weight, check out my fat loss book on flexible dieting here.
Also, although Rusty has these quick fixes on his blog, his courses are not like this.
His courses are great.
Here’s a list depending on what your goals are:
- If you’re a woman who wants to get stronger without getting bulky, click here.
- If you’re a man who wants to do the same, click here.
- If you’re looking to get better at cardio while dropping fat, click here.
- If you want a low-fat, high carb diet for fat loss, click here.
Anyways, I hope this article helped and let me know if you have any questions.