- While certain yoga poses can help you build and tone your “yoga booty”, you will not see great results unless you lose weight first.
- Whenever performing any booty exercise, whether it be yoga or otherwise, make sure to squeeze the muscle at the end of the “rep” to the maximum benefit.
- Yoga, on its own, will not get you your yoga booty. You need to combine it with some sort of other physical activity (lifting, cardio, etc.) to see the best results, and of course, have your diet in check. Keep reading to learn more.
A calmer, stress-free mind, better concentration levels and increased stamina are some of the significant benefits of doing yoga on a regular basis, but yoga comes with an added advantage:
It allows you to flaunt that ‘oh so amazing yoga booty.’
By practicing our 9 booty poses, in the right sequence and for the right amount of time, you too could get that magical yoga butt, you always thought was too good to be true.
These 9 poses will help you lose weight by burning a hell lot of calories and will also improve your overall flexibility levels. And as the icing on the cake, your butt will get perfectly toned like you always wanted it to be!
Booty Yoga 101
“But doing an unrealistic number of squats and lunges on a daily basis is the way to get that perky butt, so what’s the need for a yoga booty workout?”
Well, the truth is, squats and lunges work by shaping your glutes and hamstrings to make them firmer and tighter.
However, if you do yoga poses for butt instead of just squats and lunges, you are engaging several other legs and butt muscles like the hip flexors, calves, adductors, and muscles around the knee area.
Combining your regular lifting routine with this yoga workout will be far more superior and ever-lasting as compared to any other form of leg or butt workout out there.
When consistent weight loss joins hands with booty yoga, the result will be the “I never thought I could look this sexy” version of you
So, let’s not waste time any further. Let’s just get started.
I also have a small section at the end of this article on how to get the most out of yoga and this booty workout so make sure to check it out before you leave 😀
Yoga Butt – The Poses
1. Downward Dog
Downward Dog is one of the most beneficial booty poses one could practice, as it not only works on your yoga butt, calves, and hamstrings but also, it stretches your spine, strengthens your arms and shoulders and makes your core stronger.
- Start on your palms and knees.
- Stretch your elbows and while exhaling, lift your knees off the floor and straighten your legs.
- Push your heels towards the floor and engage your quadriceps.
2. One Legged Dog (Both Sides)
One-Legged Dog is a variation of the Downward Dog as mentioned above. It challenges your sense of balance and works wonderfully to sculpt your thighs and butt.
- Once you are comfortable in Downward Dog, utilize the strength in your arms and core muscles to lift your left leg off the floor.
- Push the leg as high as you can and keep your foot flexed.
- Your right heel should not be lifted off the floor, and your lifted leg should make a straight line with your arms and shoulders.
- Change the side and repeat the steps.
3. Sunbird (Both Sides)
The Sunbird pose is an excellent pose that works to strengthen several legs and hip muscles together, at the same time, and just like One Legged Dog, it instills balance in your body, making your posture look better.
- Again, start on your palms and knees. Extend your left arm forward at the shoulder level and then lift your right leg off the floor at the hip level.
- Keep both your feet pointed and core tight.
- Change sides and repeat the steps.
4. Goddess Pose
Make Goddess Pose an unskippable part of your daily booty workout for perfectly toned inner thighs, glutes, and quadriceps.
- Stand with a 3-4 feet distance (depending on your height) between your feet.
- Point your toes outward and keep your back straight throughout.
- Now slowly bend your knees and bring your thighs parallel to the floor, your butt should be at the level of your knees.
5. Deep Lunge (or Crescent Lunge)
Crescent Lunge is a highly recommended yoga buttocks exercise that tones your thighs, butt muscles, calves and hip flexors.
- Get into a lunge position with one leg out in front.
- Start bending your back knee till your front thigh comes parallel to the floor. As you bend your knee, lift your arms up either directly above your head or slightly back behind you (shown above).
- You can either keep your back leg straight with the knee barely off the floor or on the ground (as shown in the image).
6. Warrior 3
This pose is a symbol of the fierce strength and power of a fearless warrior, and it works like magic for your back, hip, hamstrings, and calves.
- You can transition directly from Crescent Lunge into Warrior 3 by leaning your torso forward and lifting your left leg off the floor to form a straight line with your arms, back, hip and left leg.
- Keep the toe of the raised foot downwards to engage the glutes.
7. Reverse Plank
It might not look like a difficult yoga pose for your butt, but trust me, the Reverse Plank is a powerful pose you need to practice to ensure that your yoga booty is firm and tight.
- Start by sitting on the mat with your legs stretched out in front.
- Place your palms under your shoulder pointing inwards.
- Now exhale and lift your butt off the mat with your legs stretched out straight and your feet pointed.
8. Chair Pose
Chair Pose is a useful beginner’s yoga buttocks exercise that directly works on your spine, lower back, glutes, quadriceps, knee muscles, calves, and ankles.
- Stand with your feet slightly apart. Extend your arms forward (or upwards) with palms facing the floor.
- Simultaneously, bend your knees to bring your thighs parallel to the floor.
- You can lean a little forward if you want. But keep your back erect and glutes engaged.
9. Bridge Pose
If you want to challenge yourself with this pose, you can try putting one foot in the air like this:
This yoga booty pose works wonderfully on your pelvic region, toning your thighs, glutes, calves, shoulders, and back.
- Lie down on your back with your knees bent and feet firmly placed on the mat.
- Exhale and lift your butt and lower back off the floor. Keep your chin and neck relaxed.
How You Should Perform the Above Yoga Booty Workout
Each of the poses mentioned above needs to be held for 25 to 35 seconds or count for 5 DEEP breaths. You need to repeat each of these booty poses for 2-3 times during this yoga booty workout. You can take small sips of water in-between, whenever you feel necessary.
The Yoga Booty 12 Week Challenge
For an even more well defined and systematic yoga for glutes workout, check out the Yoga Booty 12 Week Challenge.
It will simplify the intricacies of weight loss, butt toning and flexibility improvement required to acquire a perfect butt, while simultaneously working to enhance your posture and core strength.
It will be your bible for getting the butt you and everyone else will fall in love with!
The Yoga Booty 12 Week Challenge will guide you through every step of your journey towards getting a fabulous yoga butt. It covers every aspect of butt toning and sculpting and offers insights on how to keep yourself motivated and energized to reach your goal.
The program does come with a couple bonuses as well such as their:
- Yoga Fat Burning HIIT Routine,
- and the Fat Burning “Done For You” Meal Plans
Click below to learn more about the yoga booty challenge 😀